If you have broken up with the love of your life and he is in a rebound relationship, how do you get him back?
Remember, a rebound relationship is happening here because he is trying to get over you. They use rebound relationships to keep them from dealing with their emotions. They’re used to help people move on from a real love and that’s the key to getting your ex back. This rebound relationship is happening because he’s trying to deal with losing you, why he lost you doesn’t really matter. It doesn’t matter if it is your fault or his. It really doesn’t matter who said the relationship is over. Any relationship that has true love at it’s core can be saved.
He will now be focusing on what went wrong with your relationship if he’s now in a rebound relationship. You can bet he’s probably hanging with a bad girl if you were a good girl. If you were into sports, she’ll be into philosophy. Allowing him to focus on the style difference can be good for you for two reasons. He may still be doing a lot of thinking about you even when he’s with the new girl. And, it gives you a chance to see what he’s looking for. It could be that if he has started seeing someone completely different from you, he was lacking things from your relationship. You can use the time he’s with rebound girl to improve yourself.
In time he will start to see the flaws in the new girl so just let the rebound relationship run its course. After a month or so with rebound woman, you’ll start to look pretty good, that’s why you don’t want to crawl back to him right away. You need to welcome him back graciously once he’s ready to make a move back to your direction. Don’t do the chasing but be a new and improved girlfriend.
Here are some specific steps to take when your ex is in a rebound relationship:
- Don’t try to make him see that it wasn’t your fault. He will come to appreciate that over time – but only if you haven’t made him invest energy in defending his position that it was your fault.
- Don’t make promises to change. You are who you are and that’s who he fell in love with.
- Never, ever beg him to take you back.
- Don’t try to convince him that you are the love of his life. Let him discover this on his own.
- Don’t apologize profusely. If you did something wrong, you can say you’re sorry. Once. But move on. He knows the real reason he loves you.
When your ex starts going out with someone just after you break up, he’s in a rebound relationship. Don’t get too worked up, you can make up and get back together with him. Getting into another relationship this quickly is a sign that he could still be very much in love with you.